More than forty selections from two eighth-century poets of China cover the whole spectrum of human life and feeling.
Pronounciation of Chinese Words and Names
Note on the Chinese Calligraphy
2. The Background to their Times
3. Li Po
4. Tu Fu
5. The Background to T'ang Poetry: The Beginnings: The 'Book of Odes', the Language and Script
6. The Background to T'ang Poetry: The Ch'u Tz'u
7. The Background to T'ang Poetry: The Ballads and the Principles of Chinese Syllabic Metre
8. A Demonstration by Ballad
9. The Approach to Translation in this Book
10. The Tones and the 'Chinese Sonnet'
11. Reading the Poems in English
List of Titles