Special-Needs Kids Eat Right
Strategies to Help Kids on the Autism Spectrum Focus, Learn, and Thrive
ISBN 9780399534881 | 304 pages | 03 Mar 2009 | Perigee | 8.26 x 5.23in | 18 - AND UP
Summary of Special-Needs Kids Eat Right Summary of Special-Needs Kids Eat Right Reviews for Special-Needs Kids Eat Right An Excerpt from Special-Needs Kids Eat Right
Good news for parents of special- needs kids: a proven approach to everyday meals that fosters learning and development.
Any parent of a child with autism, Asperger’s, ADHD, sensory processing disorder, or other developmental disabilities knows that special-needs kids often have food sensitivities and can be very fussy eaters. Plus, they’ve been told to avoid such common ingredients as gluten and casein, making it even harder to give them the balanced, healthy meals all children need.
Now, Judy Converse, a registered, licensed dietitian, offers new advice and guidance on how to use food as an essential tool for development. Based on the latest research, Special-Needs Kids Eat Right includes:
• Simple substitutions that can be easily customized to suit any child’s needs
• Advice for helping the whole family—along with school staff and caregivers—adjust and take part
• Strategies and tips for staying on track at restaurants, holiday gatherings, school parties and lunches, and overcoming obstacles
• Shopping and resource guides
• A long-term program for measuring progress and making adjustments
To keep up-to-date, input your email address, and we will contact you on publication
Please alert me via email when: