Outsmart Your Genes
How Understanding Your DNA Will Empower You to Protect Yourself Against Cancer,Alzheimer's, Heart Disease, Obesity, and Many Other Conditions
ISBN 9780399536380 | 336 pages | 04 Jan 2011 | Perigee | 6.02 x 9.21in | 18 - AND UP
Summary of Outsmart Your Genes Summary of Outsmart Your Genes Reviews for Outsmart Your Genes An Excerpt from Outsmart Your Genes
Learn what you and your doctor can do today to alter your genetic destiny.
Genetic testing is the most exciting-and groundbreaking-medical development in decades. Outsmart Your Genes is the definitive guide for anyone considering genetic testing or curious about its benefits.
Separating myth from fact, answering the tough questions, and arming you with the information you need to harness the amazing power of predictive medicine, this book clearly explains:
* What genetic testing can tell you about your overall health
* How you and your doctor can use that information to create a personalized plan to prevent cancer, Alzheimer's, heart disease, obesity, and many other conditions
* How genetic testing can help parents protect the health of their children
* How your genetic information allows you to predict which medications and supplements will be the most effective and least dangerous for you
* Essential terms and issues to understand before speaking with a doctor
To keep up-to-date, input your email address, and we will contact you on publication
Please alert me via email when: