The Marvelous Book of Palindromes, Anagrams, and Other Delightful and OutrageousWordplay
ISBN 9780399537493 | 288 pages | 05 Jun 2012 | Perigee | 4.72 x 8.26in | 18 - AND UP
- eBook - ePub eBook: $11.99
Summary of Tyrannosaurus Lex Summary of Tyrannosaurus Lex Reviews for Tyrannosaurus Lex An Excerpt from Tyrannosaurus Lex
Welcome to the Weird and Wonderful World of Words!
Tyrannosaurus Lex is your guide to the intriguing world of logology—the pursuit of word puzzles or puzzling words—featuring:
• A wealth of witty anagrams, palindromes, and puns
• Clever paraprosdokians: sentences with surprising endings (“I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn’t it.”—Groucho Marx)
• Fascinating oronyms: a pair of phrases that differ in meaning and spelling, yet share a similar pronunciation (“The stuffy nose can lead to problems” versus “The stuff he knows can lead to problems.”)
• Peculiar oxymora: words or phrases that are self-contradictory (Jumbo shrimp! Guest host! Gold silverware!)
So sit back and get ready to learn about everything from antigrams and aptanagrams to kangaroo words and phantonyms. You’ll never look at language the same again!
To keep up-to-date, input your email address, and we will contact you on publication
Please alert me via email when: