The Nursing Home Guide
A Doctor Reveals What You Need to Know about Long-Term Care
ISBN 9780425223789 | 336 pages | 02 Dec 2008 | Berkley | 8.26 x 5.23in | 18 - AND UP
Summary of The Nursing Home Guide Summary of The Nursing Home Guide Reviews for The Nursing Home Guide An Excerpt from The Nursing Home Guide
The lowdown on long-term care—from a geriatric specialist with over twenty years in the field.
Placing loved ones in nursing homes or other long-term care facilities is a stressful decision—and for good reason. In previous decades, some homes were plagued by scandal, and everyone wants to know that their family members will be safe and sound even when they can’t be nearby all the time. Here, prominent geriatrician Joshua Schor, M.D., guides the reader through this emotionally challenging process step by step, covering such topics as:
• The small—and revealing—details to watch for when touring a home
• Determining whether a family member needs long-term or sub-acute care
• Deciding whether assisted living may be a viable alternative
• Questions to ask about medications, meals, and activities
• Knowing your rights and getting the information you need
• Special concerns for younger patients
• And more...
To keep up-to-date, input your email address, and we will contact you on publication
Please alert me via email when: