What Would Audrey Do?
Timeless Lessons for Living with Grace and Style
ISBN 9781592404285 | 272 pages | 07 Apr 2009 | Gotham Trade Paperback | 8.26 x 5.23in | 18 - AND UP
Summary of What Would Audrey Do? Summary of What Would Audrey Do? Reviews for What Would Audrey Do? An Excerpt from What Would Audrey Do?
From the New York Times bestselling author of Audrey Style comes a charming guide to Audrey Hepburn–inspired living for the modern woman“A tongue-in-chic guide to tackling life’s dilemmas with Hepburn’s moxie. Oversize sunglasses not included.”
Audrey Hepburn epitomized grace and style, not only in her appearance but in her very essence. Whether in fashion, relationships, her work on the screen, or for UNICEF and her home life, there is no one more worthy of imitation.
How did she do it? What Would Audrey Do? is the answer: a complete Audrey primer, with rich anecdotes and insight from the people who knew her best, and Audrey-inspired lessons in loveliness, including:
· Dating advice from the woman who enjoyed romances with John F. Kennedy, William Holden, and Albert Finney
· What made her an icon, and how to apply her style choices to twenty-first-century clothes, makeup, and accessories
· Raising children, trying to raise husbands, and making home life balanced in every way
· How to travel, what to pack, and maintaining your cool on the road
· Using renown (long before Angelina and Bono got all the press) to help others around the world
· Insight into her rich interior life and the discipline, intelligence, and generosity that made her so compelling
In an era fraught with selfishness, flamboyance, and sensational headlines, Audrey as a role model is precisely what the world needs.
—People (Mother’s Day Book Gift Guide Pick)
“A delightful presentation of the life of this wonderful actress as well as a treasure trove of advice for becoming a woman of character and grace. We should all heed Hepburn’s lessons.”
“From longtime fans who’ve seen Breakfast at Tiffany’s countless times to those who discovered the gorgeous gamine via a Gap commercial.…WWAD? offers thought-provoking and fun anecdotes, quizzes, and decorating tips, but it also contains plenty of biographical detail.…A well-rounded read for the Audrey aficionado, or anyone who wants to live life with a bit more panache.”
To keep up-to-date, input your email address, and we will contact you on publication
Please alert me via email when: