You're Broke Because You Want to Be
How to Stop Getting By and Start Getting Ahead
ISBN 9781592404292 | 224 pages | 30 Dec 2008 | Gotham Trade Paperback | 8.26 x 5.23in | 18 - AND UP
- eBook - ePub eBook: $11.99
Summary of You're Broke Because You Want to Be Summary of You're Broke Because You Want to Be Reviews for You're Broke Because You Want to Be An Excerpt from You're Broke Because You Want to Be
Now in paperback: The New York Times bestselling author and star of A&E’s reality series Big Spender, Larry Winget, cleans up America’s personal finance crisis“Larry Winget is a great guy—he’s tough, talks straight, and has a big heart. Read this book if you need a good kick in the butt!”
More than 40 percent of families today are feeling financial pressure: spending more than they earn, and worrying about retiring and being dependent on the government, family, or charity. Larry Winget knows. He grew up poor, then made and lost a fortune when a business in which he’d invested went bankrupt. But he worked his way back from rock bottom to become a multimillionaire.
In You’re Broke Because You Want to Be, Winget expands on the ideas that have made his popular television show Big Spender a hit and offers straightforward talk about coming to grips with your finances, such as:
· Feel bad. Have remorse. You need to feel deep emotion to take action. So start crying and take responsibility.
· Figure out who you owe and how much you owe. It’ll be a scary number to face, but you need to know where you are and what you have.
· “People are stupid, lazy, or they don’t give a damn.” You already know you need to do something; Larry will help you finally do something.
· Are you more interested in looking cool and being cute or providing a financially secure future for your family? How you spend your money will tell you that. With a boot-camp regimen that is steeped in personal accountability, Winget cuts through the double-talk contained in most finance books and presents a simple, guided program that is sure to motivate anyone out of their money problems.
—Robert T. Kiyosaki, investor, entrepreneur, teacher, and author of Rich Dad Poor Dad
“Go Winget, go! Larry tells it like it is (in his trademark style), and gets in your face to make you FACE your financial reality (or lack thereof). Stop thinking and acting broke, and get with his program. It can change your life.”
—David Bach, author of the #1 New York Times bestsellers The Automatic Millionaire and Start Late, Finish Rich
To keep up-to-date, input your email address, and we will contact you on publication
Please alert me via email when: