My Grammar and I Or Should That Be Me?
Old School Ways to Improve Your English
ISBN 9781606520260 | 176 pages | 25 Jun 2009 | Reader's Digest | 7.99 x 6.61in | 18 - AND UP
Summary of My Grammar and I Or Should That Be Me? Summary of My Grammar and I Or Should That Be Me? Reviews for My Grammar and I Or Should That Be Me? An Excerpt from My Grammar and I Or Should That Be Me?
Sharpen your language skills and navigate your way around grammatical minefields with this entertaining and practical guide. For anyone who has ever been stumped by dangling modifiers and split infinitives, or for those who have no idea what these things even are, My Grammar and I...Or Should That Be Me? offers practical and humorous guidance on how to avoid falling into language pitfalls. Here are all the right tools to help you gain confidence as a speaker and writer, highlighting the most common language errors, such as wrongly used prepositions, misplaced modifiers, and confusing participles.
This refreshing refresher course covers:
• Spelling and Confusables-There are times when the spelling rule "i before e except after c" does not apply
• Parts of Speech-Is it "its" or "it's"? "Whose" or "who's"?
• Sentence Structure-Let us ponder the subject, or object, of "I" and "me"
• Punctuation-So where does a comma go?
• Elements of Style-There is more to grammar than knowing the difference between a subordinate object and a nonrestrictive apostrophe
And, for those grammar know-it-alls, there are entertaining "Smart Aleck" trivia, anecdotes, witticisms, and more. Clever and informative, this is the ideal gift for all English-language sticklers.
To keep up-to-date, input your email address, and we will contact you on publication
Please alert me via email when: