Submit your self portrait and be entered to win these amazing prizes!
Contest runs from 9/1/07-1/4/08.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO WIN.
Open to U.S. Continental residents, ages 6-9.
How to Enter:
- To enter the Artist to Artist Contest ("Contest"), submit a self portrait on an 8-1/2in. x 11in. sheet of paper, using any medium you choose. Contest submissions will be accepted between 12:00:01 am E.T. on September 1, 2007 and 11:59:59 pm E.T. on January 4, 2008 ("Entry Period"). Entries must be mailed to School & Library Marketing / Penguin Young Readers Group., 345 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014, ATTN: Artist to Artist. Limit one entry per person.
- Entries may only be submitted through a school, library or bookstore that is located in the continental United States. Each entry must include the contestant's full name, age, grade, name of parent/legal guardian, home address and home phone number. The entry must also include the name of the teacher/librarian/bookstore employee submitting the entry, the school/library/bookstore name, address and phone number. To be eligible, all entries must be postmarked by December 28, 2007 and received by January 4, 2008, 11:59:59 pm E.T. Submissions by fax, e-mail, disc or any other electronic means will not be considered.
- Entries will not be returned. By entering the Contest, contestants and their teachers/librarians or bookstore employees agree to abide by these Rules, and represent and warrant that the entries are their original works, do not violate the rights of any third party, and grant to Penguin Young Readers Group, a division of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. ("Sponsor"), the right to edit, publish, copy, display and otherwise use their entries for purposes of this Contest or promotion without further permission, notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible, incomplete or damaged. No responsibility is assumed for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, postage due or misdirected mail entries. Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies are not responsible for technical malfunctions of any kind which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these Rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- On or about January 7, 2008, all eligible entries received will be judged by a qualified panel of judges selected by the Sponsor. Entries will be judged based upon content and creativity, with equal weight being given to each criterion. The decisions of the judges and Sponsor with respect to the selection of the winners and in regard to all matters relating to this Contest shall be final.
- Winners will be notified via telephone or mail through their submitting teacher, librarian or bookstore employee.
- First Place Prize:
One (1) first place winner will receive:
A set of five (5) books from an assortment of the following artists featured in the book Artist to Artist: Quentin Blake, Eric Carle, Tomie dePaola, Steven Kellogg, Wendell Minor, Jerry Pinkney, Gennady Spirin, Rosemary Wells, and Paul O. Zelinsky. Winner to specify which authors' books they would like to receive. Winner will also receive a copy of the book Artist to Artist signed by Eric Carle (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") = $150.00).
First Place winner will also receive a gift bag from The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art, which may include a hat, t-shirt, or mug (subject to change), and have their winning submission displayed at The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art for one month (ARV = $50.00).
The First Place winner's submitting school, library or bookstore will receive a copy of the book Artist to Artist signed by Eric Carle for their collection (ARV= $50.00).
- Second Place Prize:
Two (2) second place winners will each receive:
A set of two (2) books from an assortment of the following artists featured in the book Artist to Artist: Quentin Blake, Eric Carle, Tomie dePaola, Steven Kellogg, Wendell Minor, Jerry Pinkney, Gennady Spirin, Rosemary Wells, and Paul O. Zelinsky. Winner to specify which authors' books they would like to receive. (ARV = $40.00)
Winners will also receive a gift bag from The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art which may include a hat, t-shirt, mug (subject to change), and have their winning submission displayed at The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art for one month (ARV=$50.00).
In the event that there is an insufficient number of qualified entries or if the judges determine in their absolute discretion that no or too few entries meet the quality standards established to award the prizes, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes.
- Open to Continental United States residents, ages 6-9, who submit their entry through a school, library or bookstore. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply.
Employees and their immediate family members living in the same household, of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, authors whose books are promoted hereby or the agencies of any of these, and their immediate family members living in the same household are not eligible for this Contest.
- No substitution, transfers, or assignments of prizes allowed. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
All expenses, including taxes (if any), on receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
Winners and/or their parents or legal guardians may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release. The affidavit must be returned within fourteen (14) days of notification or another winner will be selected.
By accepting a prize the winners and/or their parents or legal guardians grant to Sponsor the right to use their entries in connection with this contest and to use their names, likenesses and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
By participating in the Contest and/or accepting the prize, contestants, winners and/or their parents or legal guardians release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, authors whose books are promoted hereby, or the agencies of any of them, from any liability, injury, damages, cost or expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising out of or connected to participation in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prizes.
Any dispute arising from this Contest will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants' consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
For a copy of the winners' list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 7, 2008 to:
School & Library Marketing / PenguinYoung Readers Group
345 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
ATTN: Artist to Artist Contest
School & Library Marketing Ð Penguin Young Readers Group
A Division of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
345 Hudson Street
New York, New York 10014