Enter for a chance to win A Working Theory of Love by Scott Hutchins
A wildly inventive, major literary debut about a disaffected man who learns—with the help of a sentient computer who speaks in his deceased father's voice—to make peace not just with his past but with his future.
Scroll down for full Official Rules and an entry form.
Official Rules for the A Working Theory of Love Galley Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older.
How to Enter:
- To enter the A Working Theory of Love Galley Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") read these Official Rules and fill out the online entry form. Include your first and last name, mailing address, company name (if applicable) and email address. Entry for Sweepstakes begins June 6, 2012. Online entries may be sent to this website only and must be received no later than June 13, 2012, 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (ET). Limit one entry per person. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the computer servers of The Penguin Press, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. ("Sponsor"). Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt. Only online entries will be accepted.
- Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate, illegible or misdirected entries.
- Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
- From all eligible entries received, 10 winners will be chosen in a random drawing held on or about June 18, 2012 by Sponsor, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
- Winners will receive a prize via postal mail. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received within the relevant time period.
- 10 winners will receive a galley of A Working Theory of Love (Approximate Retail Value = $25.95).
- In the event that there is an insufficient number of entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award any or all of the prizes. In the event of a tie or ties, the winner will be determined by a random drawing.
This Sweepstakes is open to residents of fifty United States the District of Columbia, age 18 or older. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in anyway involved in the development, production, or distribution of this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply.
- No substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- All expenses, including taxes (if any) related to receipt and use of prize, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Should the ARV of the prize equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer Identification Number to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form.
- By accepting a prize, winners grant to Sponsor the right to use their names, likenesses, hometowns and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials relating to the subject matter of this Sweepstakes, including posting on the Sponsor's websites, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- By competing in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrants release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and the agencies of any of them and the authors or editors of any books promoted hereby from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expense, arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize.
- Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
To receive a copy of the winners list, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 13, 2012 to The Penguin Press Marketing, 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014, Attention: A Working Theory of Love Sweepstakes Winners List
The Penguin Press
An imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
375 Hudson Street
New York, New York 10014