Enter to win a copy of Damien Echols' memoir, Life After Death signed by Damien Echols and Johnny Depp.
Damien Echols' memoir Life After Death will be available in hardcover and eBook on September 18, and to promote it, we've got a very special giveaway for you. We have one copy of Life After Death that will be autographed by Damien Echols and Johnny Depp during their conversation at Barnes & Noble Union Square on September 21, 2012. Even if you can't be in New York City that night, we want you to be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime event. So in the 13 days leading up to the book's publication (September 5-17), pre-order the book from your favorite retailer and send us a question you'd like Johnny to ask Damien during their talk with your proof or purchase, or write us a postcard with your question and mail. We'll pick a winner the day the book comes out and your question will be asked on September 21, 2012!
There are two ways to win:
- Preorder a copy of the book Life After Death anytime before September 18, and send your proof of purchase to email@example.com with Life After Death in the subject line, and your question for Damien Echols in the body. You must also include your mailing address in the email. Only one per household. U.S. only.
- What qualifies as proof of purchase? A scan or photo of a receipt works. Or, if you order from an online retailer, just forward your receipt from them. If you have safety concerns, feel free to delete any personal info from your receipt, though most retailers do not show any personal info on the receipt. No problem if the receipt is dated before September 5—it just needs to be before September 18th.
- Send a postcard with your question for Damien Echols to Blue Rider Press, 375 Hudson St, New York NY 10014
The winner will be announced on twitter @blueriderpress and on this webpage (first name, last initial, and city) by September 18th. Good luck!
Life After Death Pre-order Sweepstakes
Pre-order* a copy of Life After Death by Damien Echols anytime before September 18, 2012 and email your proof of purchase with a question to the author, Damien Echols to firstname.lastname@example.org to enter for a chance to win a hard copy of the book Life After Death, signed by both the author and actor Johnny Depp (ARV = $26.95).
No purchase necessary.
Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia age 18 or older.
Sweepstakes begins September 5, 2012. Entries must be received no later than September 18, 2012 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time.
Winners will be selected on or about September 25, 2012.
Void where prohibited by law.
Scroll down for full entry information and Official Rules.
Official Rules for the Life After Death Pre-Order Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older.
How to Enter:
- To enter the Life After Death Pre-Order Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes"), review these Official Rules and you can enter in one of two ways: (1) if you have preordered a copy of Life After Death by Damien Echols, email your name, mailing address and proof of purchase in the body of the email, with Life After Death in the subject line, and a question for Damien Echols to email@example.com. A proof of purchase can be any of the following: a scan or photo of your receipt, or if you ordered online, simply attach your online receipt to the email. If you have concerns regarding privacy, please feel free to delete personal info, if any, from your receipt. The receipt may be dated before the start date of the Sweepstakes, but must be received no later than the end date or (2) you can also enter by sending a postcard with your name, mailing address, email address and question for Damien Echols to Blue Rider Press Publicity, 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014, Attention: Life After Death Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes begins September 5, 2012. Entries may be sent via email or physical postcard only and must be received no later than September 18, 2012, 11:59:59 PM, Eastern Time. Limit one entry per household. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the computer servers of Blue Rider Press, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. ("Sponsor"). Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries.
- Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
- From all eligible entries received, one winner will be chosen in a random drawing held on or about September 18, 2012 by Sponsor, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
- Winner will be notified by email. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) winner will receive a copy of Life After Death, signed by both author Damien Echols and actor Johnny Depp (Approximate Retail Value: $26.95). The winner of the book will also have his or her question asked during the talk that Damien Echols and Johnny Depp will have at the Barnes & Noble Union Square on September 21, 2012.
- In the event that there is an insufficient number of eligible entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prize.
This Sweepstakes is open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in anyway involved in the development, production, or distribution of this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply.
- No substitutions, transfers or assignments of the prize allowed. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- All expenses, including taxes (if any), related to receipt and use of prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release ("Affidavit") and if so, the Affidavit must be completed and returned within fourteen (14) days of notification or winner will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected. Should the ARV of the prize equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer Identification Number to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form.
- By accepting a prize, winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her name, likeness,, hometown, and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, including posting on the Sponsor's website, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- By competing in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrants release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, or the agencies of any of them and the authors and/or editors of any books promoted hereby from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expense arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize.
- Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
To receive a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by March 18, 2013 to Blue Rider Press Publicity, 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014, Attention: Life After Death Pre-Order Sweepstakes Winners List.
Blue Rider Press
An imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
375 Hudson Street
New York, New York 10014