Finished Book Sweepstakes
Enter for a chance to win a finished copy of Suspect by Robert Crais (15 finished copies available)
The explosive new masterpiece of suspense from the #1 New York Times-bestselling author.
LAPD cop Scott James is not doing so well. Eight months ago, a shocking nighttime assault by unidentified men killed his partner Stephanie, nearly killed him, and left him enraged, ashamed, and ready to explode. He is unfit for duty—until he meets his new partner.
Maggie is not doing so well, either. A German shepherd who survived three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan sniffing explosives before losing her handler to an IED, her PTSD is as bad as Scott's.
They are each other's last chance. Shunned and shunted to the side, they set out to investigate the one case that no one wants them to touch: the identity of the men who murdered Stephanie. What they begin to find is nothing like what Scott has been told, and the journey will take them both through the darkest moments of their own personal hells. Whether they will make it out again, no one can say.
Sign up for the chance to win one of fifteen (15) finished copies. (Approximate Retail Value = $20.00).
No purchase necessary.
Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older.
Sweepstakes begins January 8, 2013. Entries must be received no later than January 12, 2013, 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time.
Winners will be selected on or about January 18, 2013.
Void where prohibited by law.
Scroll down for full Official Rules and an entry form.
Official Rules for the Suspect Finished Book Sweepstakes
NNO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia age 18 or older.
How to Enter:
- To enter the Suspect Finished Book Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes"), review these Official Rules and fill out the online entry form, including your first and last name, mailing address, email address, company name (if applicable) and preferred format of prize, if chosen. Entry for Sweepstakes begins January 8, 2013. Entries may be sent via this website only and must be received no later than January 12, 2013, 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time. Limit one entry per person. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the computer servers of Putnam, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. ("Sponsor"). Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt. Only online entries will be accepted.
- Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, incomplete or illegible entries.
- Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account associated with the entry.
- From all eligible entries received, fifteen (15) finished copy winners and will be chosen in a random drawing held on or about January 18, 2013 by Sponsor, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
- The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- There are fifteen (15) finished copies available (Approximate Retail Value = $20.00).
- Entrants selected to win finished copies will receive them via postal mail.
- In the event that there is an insufficient number of eligible entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes.
This Sweepstakes is open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in anyway involved in the development, production, or distribution of this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply.
- No substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- All expenses, including taxes (if any), related to receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Should the ARV of the prize equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer Identification Number to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form.
- By accepting a prize, winners grant to Sponsor the right to use their names, likenesses, hometowns and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, including posting on the Sponsor's and author's website, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- By competing in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrants release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, or the agencies of any of them and the authors and/or editors of any books promoted hereby from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expense arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize.
- Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
To receive a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 18, 2013 to Putnam Marketing, 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014, Attention: Suspect Finished Book Sweepstakes Winners List.
An imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
375 Hudson Street
New York, New York 10014