Please make your request in writing as soon as you know what material you wish to use and have the necessary details.
Your written request should include the following information about our material:
- The title of our book (not your source book if that is other than our book)
- Our author's, editor's and translator's full name
- Year of publication and Imprint (e.g. Viking, Perigee, Dutton, Donald I. Fine, Putnam, Tarcher, Penguin, NAL, Signet, etc.) of the edition you wish to use.
- ISBN of our book, if available.
Your request should include the following information about your use:
- Name and mailing address of your producer and/or production company;
- Title of your production
- Your complete contact information including a mailing and e-mail address.
Please note that the permissions department can only provide permission for use of the book’s cover/jacket as a prop or background set dressing. If you wish to read or display other material within the book in any manner, please direct your request to the Penguin Subrights Department for the imprint in question.
We cannot accept book as prop requests via the online submission form.
Send Written requests to:
By US Mail: Permissions Department, Penguin Group (USA) Inc. 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014
By fax: (212) 366-2943
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Adult titles only.)
Please note that the Juvenile Permissions Department does NOT accept requests via email.
The main Adult Permissions phone number is (212) 366-2684.
The main Juvenile Permissions phone number is (212) 366-2241.