Please make your request in writing as soon as you know what material you wish to use and have the necessary details. Please be advised that upon completion and submission of the following information, if we determine that we have electronic rights, a limited grant will be issued for the right to make one copy in the electronic format requested. We cannot provide the requestor with an electronic file, nor can we provide a copy of the book.
Your written request should include the following information about our material:
- The title of our book.
- Our author's full name and editor's or translator's full name if applicable.
- Include Publisher/Imprint (e.g. Viking, Perigee, Dutton, Donald I. Fine, Putnam, Tarcher, Penguin, NAL, Signet, etc.)
- ISBN of our book, if available.
Your request should include the following information about your use:
- Name and Address of the Institution (Institution must be post-secondary)
- Name of the Course
- Identify Semester and Year
- Your complete contact information including a mailing and e-mail address
If your source is a paperback, please check the copyright page carefully to determine the original hardcover publisher, or with which publisher arrangements were made for publication of the paperback and make your application to the original U.S. publisher.
Please note that we cannot accept requests for digital copies for disabled students via the online request form.
Send Written requests to:
By US Mail: Permissions Department, Penguin Group (USA) Inc. 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014
By fax: (212) 366-2943
By e-mail: email@example.com. (Adult titles only.)
Please note that the Juvenile Permissions Department does NOT accept requests via email.
The main Adult Permissions phone number is (212) 366-2684.
The main Juvenile Permissions phone number is (212) 366-2241.