Please make your request in writing as soon as you know what material you wish to use and have the necessary details.
Your written request should include the following information about our material:
- The title of our book (not your source book if that is other than our book)
- Our author's, editor's and translator's full name
- Identify the material by title and/or chapter and/or pages (only if your source is our book) and the author and translator, if they are different from the book;
- Include Publisher/Imprint (e.g. Viking, Perigee, Dutton, Donald I. Fine, Putnam, Tarcher, Penguin, NAL, Signet, etc.)
- ISBN of our book, if available.
Your request should include the following information about your use:
- Your producer or company;
- Title & author of your production if different from the title/author of our publication;
- Number and dates of performances;
- Address and Seating capacity of performance venue;
- Ticket prices;
- If this is a reuse, please provide the contract number of your previous grant
- Your complete contact information including a mailing and e-mail address
If your source is a collection, anthology, textbook, magazine, or any publication other than ours, review the copyright acknowledgment page(s) to locate the information pertaining to the original source for the material you wish to use. That information is relevant to your request.
If your source is a paperback, please check the copyright page carefully to determine the original hardcover publisher, or with which publisher arrangements were made for publication of the paperback and make your application to the original U.S. publisher.
Send Written requests to:
Apply via our Permissions web site (preferred)
By fax: (212) 366-2943
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Adult titles only.)
Please note that the Juvenile Permissions Department does NOT accept requests via email.
The main Adult Permissions phone number is (212) 366-2684.
The main Juvenile Permissions phone number is (212) 366-2241.