Library Services | APN
Advanced Publication Newsletter (APN)
For Library Managers in Acquisitions and Collection Development
Welcome to the Summer 2013 edition of PENGUIN GROUP (USA)'s Advance Publication Newsletter. This newsletter includes late-breaking reviews, news of award-winners, up-to-date price information, and book descriptions for May through August titles. We hope you will take some time to review the many new books included here.
As usual, the newsletter is divided into subject categories in order to route each section to your appropriate acquisitions and collection development specialists.
- Riverhead is proud to publish a new novel from Khaled Hosseini, the #1 New York Times-bestselling author of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns (see Fiction). Make sure to also check out John le Carré 's latest in Mysteries/Thrillers and the newest in Danielle Trussoni's Angelology Series in Science Fiction/Fantasy.
- Now in new editions from Penguin Classics, each volume in Seigfried Sassoon's beloved trilogy of fictionalized WWI autobiographies includes an introduction by celebrated historian Paul Fussell (see Literature).
- Viking's Nathaniel Philbrick, the bestselling author of In the Heart of the Sea and Mayflower, turns his pen to the story of the Boston battle that ignited the American Revolution in Bunker Hill (see History & Biography). Don't forget to visit our Memoir page!
- Did you watch with the rest of the world as the Archbishop of Buenos Aires became the first Latin American pope in history? In Pope Francis: His Life in His Own Words the former cardinal reveals everything from his favorite movie to his take on the abuse scandals that have rocked the Church (see Current Events & Politics).
- Award-winning professor Brooks Landon calls on masters like Don DeLillo, Virginia Woolf, and Joan Didion as he celebrates the sheer joy of language in Building Great Sentences. And don't miss Jim Trelease's classic The Read Aloud Handbook, now available in a new, updated edition (see Science, Education, and Reference).
- If American kids are lagging behind the rest of the world in academic achievement and happiness, who is to blame? Are there parenting strategies that other countries are getting right that we are not? Dr. Christine Gross-Loh finds out in Parenting Without Borders (see Psychology, Health, and Spirituality).
- In Finish Big, Bo Burlingham, the bestselling author of Small Giants, guides business professionals through the stressful process of making a graceful exit and moving on (see Business and Management).
- Finally, Brett Martin's Difficult Men offers a riveting look at the shows that helped cable television drama emerge as the signature art form of the 21st century (see Performing Arts and Popular Culture).
Download the complete catalog here.
Please enjoy our newsletter and order through your regular supplier or via the direct order form enclosed.
In addition, you may peruse the newsletter online, and sign up for an email alert each time it goes live on our library site, www.penguin.com/library.
Alan S. Walker
Vice-President, Academic & Library Sales
Want to know when the latest issue of the Advance Publication Newsletter is available? Sign up for our APN Seasonal E-mail Alert