Mystery & Suspense
Official Rules for The Manual of Detection iPhone Excerpt Book Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, ages 18 and older.
How to Enter:
- To enter The Manual of Detection iPhone Excerpt Book Giveaway (the "Giveaway"), read these Official Rules and send an email with your full name and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be received no later than March 6, 2009, 11:59 PM, Eastern Time (ET). Limit one entry per person, family or household.
- Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate, illegible or misdirected entries.
- Penguin Online, a division of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. ("Sponsor") and its parent, subsidiaries or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Giveaway which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Giveaway. If for any reason the Giveaway is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the e-mail account.
- The first fifty (50) eligible entrants whose full name and mailing address are submitted to and received by Sponsor by March 9, 2009, 11:59 ET will win a prize. Winners will be determined by Sponsor, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this Giveaway are final and binding.
- Winners will be notified by email or mail. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received within the relevant time period.
- Fifty (50) winners will receive a hardcover copy of The Manual of Detection by Jedediah Berry (Approximate Retail Value: $25.95).
- In the event that there is an insufficient number of entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award any or all of the prizes. In the event of a tie or ties, the winner will be determined by a random drawing.
This Giveaway is open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, ages 18 and older. Employees, their immediate family members and individuals living in the same household, of Sponsor, its corporate parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, or the agencies of any of them, and/or author(s), are not eligible for this Giveaway. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply.
- No substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- All expenses, including taxes (if any) related to receipt and use of prize, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- . Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release ("Affidavit") and if so, the Affidavit must be completed and returned within fourteen (14) days of notification or winners will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected. If a selected winner is under eighteen (18) years of age, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the Affidavit. Should the ARV of the prize equal or exceed $600.00, Winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer Identification Number to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form.
- By accepting a prize, winners grant to Sponsor the right to use their names, likenesses, hometowns and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials relating to the subject matter of this Giveaway, including posting on the Sponsor's websites, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- By competing in this Giveaway and/or accepting a prize, entrants release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and the agencies of any of them the author(s) of any books promoted hereby from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expense, arising out of or relating to participation in this Giveaway or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize.
- Any dispute arising from this Giveaway will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
To receive a copy of the winners list, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by September 6, 2009 to: Penguin Online, Attention: The Manual of Detection iPhone Excerpt Giveaway Winners' List, 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014.
Penguin Online, a division of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
375 Hudson Street
New York, New York 10014